Saturday, August 15, 2009

What you need to know about me!

So I am Fritz, a 9 year old red wiener dog that lives in Florida. Kinda hot here right now. Just had a big thunderstorm. Had to sit with mom and dad to make sure that I was OK. My brother Sam was a little scared to. Sam is not just a wiener dog he's part poodle also. That supposedly makes him a Doodle. I have a foster brother and sister too. One is named Tony. He is really old, over 17, and we let him think he's a dachshund. He is really just a wannabe, but we let him get away with it. My newest foster sister is named Betty Boop. We really don't know how old she is but probably between 12 and 16 years old. She has kind of come in and took over. I used to think I was the boss but I think she may be the boss now.

I have lived in Florida as long as I can remember. I've had at least three homes. My first dad got old and couldn't take care of me so I ended up at a shelter. They found out I had those old icky heartworms and my first dad loved me so much that he said he would pay to have them killed. The my second dad found me. He came and visited me with his daughter, Aunt Lorraine. They tried to keep me company while I had to sit real still in my cage. I really didn't feel good for a long time. He took me home with him finally and we had a great time. I would ride in his scooter with him everywhere. Sometimes I would get loose and it was great fun to have everyone chase me and try to catch me. I am really fast! But one day he didn't get up in the morning and there was lots of stuff going on and then my new mom came and got me and took me to a new home. I've lived here with Mom and Dad now for about 3.5 years.

I've got it pretty good. I have a doggie door that I can go in and out of and I am really good at protecting everyone. Mom get's a little upset with me when I decide to do this at 5am and makes me come in. I love to chase squirrels and lizards. I hunt for toads every night and even though they taste really bad I catch them. Sometime Mom takes me place to visit with people that are really nice. She says I'm a therapy dog, don't really know what that means but I like it most of the time.

I'll tell you more about my brother Sam next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment